Almost every workers’ compensation customer, regardless of how they run payroll, can enroll in our payroll billing option.
Payroll billing relies on real-time payroll to calculate workers’ compensation premiums. This means premiums are more accurate compared to using estimated annual payroll.
Customers who elect payroll will appreciate these cash flow benefits:
- NO down payments
- NO monthly billing or finance fees
- FEWER premium audit adjustments
Agents also benefit with a policy retention rate that’s, on average, 3 points higher with payroll billing vs those without it.1
Use these resources to become familiar with XactPAY, The Hartford’s payroll billing option.
- Learn about XactPAY using our agent flyer y customer flyer.
- Vea el cuadro de payroll providers partnering with us.
- Vea nuestra payroll billing video series, including “how to” and customer-facing videos.
- Consulte el agency benefits of XactPAY.
- Go deeper with these guides:
Be sure to share the customer guides with customers once they’ve elected one of our payroll billing options.
With the SmartPay Reporting Service (SPRS) option, customers who run their own payroll, use a payroll partner not partnered with The Hartford or use a payroll company that owns an insurance agency, can easily submit payroll to us.
Simple Setup & Registration
- After you’ve issued the policy in ICON, follow these steps to easily enroll your customer in the SmartPay option. SmartPay How-to Video.
- Your customer completes the SPRS Registration form.
SmartPay Takes It From Here
1 Based on a comparison of The Hartford’s renewal data for workers’ compensation policies with and without a payroll billing option for the period 2019-2020.