Beginning July 1, 2023, Vermont Family and Medical Leave Insurance (VT FMLI) provides eligible State of Vermont Government employees with 60% of their pre-leave base weekly wages, up to the maximum weekly benefit ($1,848.46 per week for 2023, and increasing to $1,945.38 on 1/1/2024), for up to a combined total of six weeks per benefit year if you can’t work due to:1
- Your own serious health condition (including the birth of a child).
- Caring for a family member with a serious health condition.
- Bonding with a child during the first year following birth or within the first year of initial placement for adoption or fostering.2
- Caring for a covered military servicemember with a serious illness or injury who is your spouse, child, parent or next of kin.3
- A qualifying exigency associated with active duty in the military or a call to active duty of your parent, spouse or child.