What Is Camp Accident Insurance?
For children, summer camps and sports camps offer exciting experiences they’ll remember throughout their lives. But there are also risks associated with the diverse learning opportunities and outdoor activities that camps typically offer. Our camp accident insurance is designed to help pay for treatment costs associated with a variety of covered accidents and mishaps that campers may experience while on a campground or sports camp facility. While we can’t prevent injuries from happening to campers, we can offer peace of mind with the added protection of campers accident insurance.
Who Is Eligible for Camp Accident Insurance?
Camps that are sponsored by non-profit organizations, sports camps and private camps are eligible for camp accident insurance.
Camp accident insurance is not intended for camps organized as youth sports clinics or senior citizen camps. Review our youth sports o community and civic participant programs for coverage in these categories.
Who Is Covered by Camp Accident Insurance?
Typically, all registered campers are covered by camp accident insurance. Counselors, facilities maintenance crews, culinary staff and similar camp employees may also be insured at the option of the camp.
Our camp accident insurance does not cover:
- Children of camp employees
- Children of counselors or spouses of employees
- Volunteers working on special events unless they are registered as campers or as employees by the camp
When and Where Does Camp Accident Insurance Protect Campers?
Our campers insurance coverage protects campers during their scheduled camp attendance as follows:
- While in regular attendance on campgrounds or camp facilities
- While taking part in regularly scheduled, approved camp activities
- While traveling to or from camp activities in properly supervised groups
- While traveling directly between home and camp, as long as that travel does not exceed 48 hours before or after the camper attends camp
When Does Coverage for Camp Accident Insurance Begin?
Coverage begins on the first day of the program, provided the Request for Insurance form is received and approved before the opening date of the camp. Otherwise, coverage begins on the date we receive and approve the Request for Insurance form.
How Can I Get Camp Accident Insurance?
To obtain rates for your specialty camp, please contact your insurance professional or a representative at The Hartford. Be sure to complete and submit our Insurance Quote Request Form, including:
- Detailed description of the type of camp
- The ratio of counselors to campers at your camp