Helps cover property damage, and accidents related to running a truck distribution, repair, or installation business. This policy also helps protect the assets of a company if it is sued for negligence, personal injury, libel, slander, errors, omissions, misrepresentation in advertising, and more. The policy automatically covers employees as defined in the policy and can easily be extended to cover others when needed.
Recommended Coverage for Specialized & Commercial Truck Businesses
The Hartford’s Specialized Truck Equipment Insurance Program is designed especially for distributors, installers, and repairers of specialized truck bodies, trailers and equipment. Our coverage helps protect the property a truck-related business owns and leases, including things like equipment, inventory, furniture and tools. Plus, businesses can tailor coverage to the unique needs of their specialty truck operations. This can include coverage for:
- Customer’s vehicles damaged on-site.
- Vehicles that are being sold.
- Virtually any vehicle on an insured company’s property.
Commercial Auto Coverage
Helps cover the vehicles that a truck distribution, repair or installation business owns, leases, rents or borrows – on the road and off. At no additional cost, commercial auto insurance helps cover electronic equipment in vehicles, along with lease and loan gaps. Plus, The Hartford provides a wide range of specialized services designed to help businesses improve their drivers’ safety.
Seguro de compensación para trabajadores
The Hartford is a leading provider of Workers’ Compensation Insurance. XactPAY® offers pay-as-you-go workers’ compensation premium payments based on actual monthly payroll figures to help better manage cash flow fluctuations and minimize audit adjustments. Best of all, this is offered at no extra cost.
Additional Solutions for Specialized & Commercial Truck Businesses
Dealer Plates Coverage
Optional auto liability coverage if an accident occurs during delivery or pickup while using dealer plates.
Newly Acquired Property
Helps cover newly acquired property owned by the business, within limits.
Cobertura para ingresos comerciales
Helps cover lost business income if the specialty trucking company is not able to conduct business due to a covered loss.
Business Income for Off-Premises Utility Services Coverage (OPUS)
Helps cover lost business income if the company is not able to conduct business due to an interruption in utility services.
Helps cover the costs to recover or reconstruct accounts records that are lost or damaged by a covered event, so businesses are able to reissue invoices and collect outstanding balances.
Property in Transit
Helps to protect company property when damaged during shipment.
Helps cover the business if it is unable to install equipment because it is damaged.
Management Liability Coverage
Helps protect against management liability risks faced by specialized trucking businesses and their leaders. Our offering includes:
- Directors, Officers and Entity Liability Coverage (D&O) – helps protect specialized trucking businesses, their directors, officers and management team against loss that arises out of the day-to-day operations and management of the company.
- Employment Practices Liability Coverage (EPL) – helps protect specialized trucking businesses from damages and defense costs that arise out of employment-related disputes, including but not limited to alleged discrimination, sexual harassment, violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act, refusal to hire and wrongful termination or discipline.
- Fiduciary Coverage – helps cover employee claims related to the design, administration and maintenance of company-sponsored retirement, health, and other employee benefit plans.
- Crime Coverage – helps protect specialized trucking businesses against loss from employee theft, computer fraud and other similar crimes.
- Kidnap/Ransom & Extortion Coverage (K&R) – helps protect against financial losses due to kidnap and ransom/extortion, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Cyber Security Coverage
Our end-to-end cybersecurity solutions helps protect specialized trucking businesses from a broad range of potentially severe third-party liability and first party risks associated with data privacy and network security breaches, including hacking, malicious software, activities of rogue employees, hardware theft, employee error and more. Popular coverages include:
- Data Privacy Liability helps protect a trucking business if it is sued over a data breach or violation of a data privacy law.
- Cyber Investigation Expense helps cover the expenses for investigating a data loss or theft.
- Notification Expense and Credit Monitoring Expense helps cover the cost of notifying victims of a data loss or theft and offering them credit monitoring to watch for malicious activity.
The Hartford offers U.S. domiciled companies a spectrum of coverage that goes far and wide. Whether you need to cover employees traveling abroad or a whole overseas enterprise, The Hartford can offer the right package of protection with options ranging from The Hartford Passport Package to The Hartford’s Controlled Master Policy (CMP) with local multinational policies – in one coordinated insurance program.
Ingeniería de riesgo
The Hartford’s innovative Risk Engineering team strives to help companies run safer and ultimately more profitable businesses with loss control services that include risk exposure evaluations, consultations, and recommendations for improving businesses’ safety and security.