Auto Insurance for Idaho Drivers
From the hot springs of the south to the mountains of the north, the state of Idaho is truly a gem. Whether you’re traveling along the Lewis & Clark Highway, heading for a hike in the mountains or going trout fishing in the Snake River, experienced Idaho drivers like you can have peace of mind knowing you’re protected with the AARP®
Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford.1
The Hartford has been protecting Idaho AARP members and their families with seguro para autos
since 1984. An insurance company with a reputation for integrity and trust, The Hartford has earned high customer ratings for claims services. You can count on us to be there when you need it most.
Car Insurance Benefits Offered to Idaho Drivers
Idaho drivers could receive valuable car insurance benefits and discounts
from the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, including:
- New Car Replacement: If you total your new car, we’ll replace it with a new vehicle of the same make, model and equipment.§§
- Accident Forgiveness: We understand every driver makes mistakes. Si los conductores incluidos en su póliza de seguro para autos tienen un buen historial de tránsito durante ocho años consecutivos con The Hartford, será elegible para la exención por accidentes.‡
- Disappearing Deductible: Your collision deductible could be reduced over time in most states as long as everyone on your policy maintains a clean driving record.‡
- 24/7 Claim Service: Our representatives will make sure the process is easy and stress-free. To file a claim, you’ll need to call The Hartford and report your auto claim at 800-243-5860. You can also report your car insurance claim online by visiting our website.
What Car Insurance Is Required in Idaho?
Depending on where you live, there will be insurance requirements and state minimum coverage amounts. Although these requirements vary by state, Idaho state law requires liability car insurance at the following minimum limits:2
- $25,000 per person per accident for bodily injury liability
- $50,000 total per accident for bodily injury liability
- $15,000 per accident for property damage liability
Proof of Car Insurance for Idaho Drivers
If you’re a licensed driver in the state of Idaho, it’s smart to keep a copy of your car insurance ID card in your vehicle, along with your registration. Idaho is also among several states that now accept electronic proof of car insurance, and with The Hartford mobile app
, you can store your car insurance ID cards right on your phone. For more information, visit the Google Play
™ or App Store
Do You Need Proof of Insurance to Register a Car in Idaho?
You must have proof of insurance to register a car in Idaho. Idaho drivers have 90 days after buying a vehicle to register it and must have proof of insurance to drive in the state.
Idaho Uninsured Driver Facts
According to a 2021 Insurance Research Council report, 13.2% of Idaho drivers are uninsured motorists. This is slightly above the national average of 12.6%.3 Idaho state law requires that drivers carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for bodily injury matching the minimum liability insurance limits. This coverage can be waived if the insured refuses it in writing.
Additional Car Insurance Coverages Available to Idaho Drivers
For added protection and full coverage, Idaho drivers may also be eligible for the following las coberturas de seguro para autos
from the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford:
Staying Safe on Idaho Roads
As you travel through Idaho, there are several safe driving laws meant to protect you on Idaho’s highways and byways. Here are just a few:4
Idaho Seat Belt Laws
Although law enforcement in Idaho can’t pull you over for not wearing your seat belt, they can still ticket you for this violation if you are pulled over for another reason.
Idaho Distracted Driving Laws
Texting while driving is banned for all drivers in the State of Idaho.
Idaho Teen Driver Laws
Getting a driver’s license is a rite of passage for teens, and Idaho wants to be sure they stay safe in the process. Idaho has implemented graduated licensing laws to ensure that teenagers gain the experience and maturity required to be safe behind the wheel. Graduated licensing laws limit nighttime driving, restrict teen passengers and ensure an adequate amount of supervised driving practice.
How Can I Get a Car Insurance Quote in Idaho?
It’s easy to get a quote for auto insurance in Idaho. Call The Hartford at 888-413-8970
o obtener una cotización
online in just a few minutes. Our customer service representatives can help you decide how to get the best car insurance in Idaho for your needs.
Last Updated: October 5, 2023
2 Department of Motor Vehicles, “Be Sure to Insure”
3 Insurance Information Institute, “Facts + Statistics: Uninsured Motorists”
4 Governors Highway Safety Association, “States”